What can I do for you?
So….You’ve decided that tiles are NOT for you and tadelakt IS. Great!
1) Contact me by sending me an email, expressing your interest, together with the dimensions of your bathroom/kitchen/other space and your thoughts on what you’d like to have done.
2) If you are within a reasonable distance. I’ll come by, free of charge, to look at your space and share ideas with you. If you are further away we’ll find other ways to communicate clearly. Now is also the time to share your thoughts on colours.
3) I’ll make a quote. I like to work for an all-in price so neither of us is watching the clock. Tadelakt needs care when it needs care. Different factors determine how fast the tadelakt cures. You can’t speed it up, and it is hard to slow down. So a fixed price makes us both more relaxed.
4) After we are agreed on the price, we’ll set dates and I come by to start your art. Depending on the subsurface the wall will need different preparation for the tadelakt to hold. I’ll make a few different shades of the colours you have in mind, for testing on tiles. NB this is never a guarantee of the actual colour but more of an idea of how it could look like.
5) The tadelakt can be engraved with your favourite symbols, patterns or quotes, to make it even more personal.
6) Enjoy your tadelakt! To keep the tadelakt in it’s magical shape it’s important to service it about once a month. This is up to you, by cleaning it with olive soap and a beeswax for extra shine.